Travel Thursday: Map and Play Report

 Everybody loves maps!


I am using the Thousand Thousand Islands setting books for the area my players are currently in. They are an insanely evocative OSR resource that gives an immediate Southeast Asian feeling to your setting.
We have Andjang in the upper left, which is where I started my players right in the middle of a blood tithe.
Mr-Kr-Gr, the Death-Rolled Kingdom is next counter clockwise along the river. Then Kraching, land of cats. Finally we have Upper Heleng in the upper right, a forest blessed by time.

As I said the player's mercenary company has shown up right in the middle of some religious turmoil. Andjang is in the middle of its blood tithe, but to further stir the pot I decided to adapt material from here: What Child is This rpg. This religious group has spewed forth a god-child and the child is definitely legit. With the blood tithe going on I felt there was a lot of thematic overlap when it came to religious overtones. Adding in a legitimate deity that your players want to help has been interesting... definitely lent the game a bit of Willow feel. I think it has made the players question some of their decisions in terms of what will the god-child think? Mostly he just coos and cries a lot, but my players think they have a magic 8-ball on their hands in terms of relating to the GM. 

Currently Andjang and Mr-Kr-Gr have just reached a peace agreement based on my faction turn rules. That will make it easier for the party, because they have reached an understanding with the Court of Andjang to get the child out of their land and all the way to Upper Heleng where they will no longer be a political or religious problem for the blood tithers. 

I will enjoy bringing this little land to life for the player's mercenary company to bounce off of and try to exploit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Curse of Doors

Funday Sunday: 1d100 Weird Merchants in the Grand Bazaar

The Curse of Doors: D10 Rooms Part 1